Continuing Education Mission Statement
ISASS goal is to promote the ethical exchange of knowledge, research and education to restore function and comfort to degenerative conditions of spinal joints, especially the Intervertebral disc. ISASS will advance the philosophy of natural spinal mobility through dissemination of educational materials to spinal surgeons, the medical community and the lay public. Reflecting globalization, ISASS will not be “regionalized” but be a contemporary and open forum for educating specialists throughout the world.
The Goals of ISASS’s Continuing Education Program are:
- To provide a learning environment in which the physician and other health professionals may enhance their professional growth in cognitive, procedural, compassionate and humanistic areas of spinal care for the purpose of improving the quality of patient care;
- To develop innovative continuing education activities based on a learning management experience that has a multi-faceted approach to change behavior using state-of-the-art technologies to design, implement, assess and evaluate continuing education activities and programs as a whole;
- To integrate knowledge from all programs/publications and repurpose knowledge into programs on a learning continuum;
- To increase ISASS’s capabilities in measuring and understanding the needs of its physician and non-physician audiences through research into the educational needs of those segments of both ISASS membership and non-member audiences served by ISASS;
- To develop mechanisms to promote evidence-based practice and outcomes measurement to improve the delivery of care;
- To meet or exceed the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
The content of ISASS’s continuing education program is related to all aspects of basic and clinical science of motion preservation, stabilization, innovative technologies, MIS procedures, biologics involved with all aspects of basic and clinical science of motion preservation, stabilization, innovative technologies, MIS procedures, biologics and other fundamental topics to restore and improve motion and function of the spine. Topics of education include clinical issues, education of the results of research in the field, and the management of care delivered. Core clinical areas and function of the spine for: surgeons, scientists, inventors and others. ISASS is dedicated to advancing major evolutionary steps in spine surgery.
The target audience of ISASS’s continuing education program includes members involved with all aspects of basic and clinical science of motion preservation, stabilization, innovative technologies, MIS procedures, biologics and other fundamental areas to restore and improve motion and function of the spine, this group serves surgeons, scientists, inventors and others.
Types of Activities
The types of activities offered by ISASS’s continuing education program includes live conferences and workshops, presentations of selected scientific papers and platform sessions, and enduring materials including videotaped programming segments.
Expected Results of the Program
As a result of these educational activities, ISASS ensures the continuing professional development of its audience as described above. The offerings are intended to enhance training and performance for the purpose of improving health delivery and patient outcomes. ISASS is committed to assessing the achievement of educational objectives of the continuing education program through qualitative and quantitative methods.
For more information on ISASS continuing education, please contact Nikki Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2010 New Requirements and Procedures for Corporate Support
ISASS will have new requirements and procedures for all corporate support in 2010. The purpose is to more completely separate the scientific and educational content from commercial and other considerations and to comply with evolving rules and guidelines for continuing medical education.
Medical Education Companies: ISASS has designated The Learning Studio as its “preferred vendor” for providing conference educational needs assessment, planning, execution and outcomes evaluation. Companies providing support for a symposium will be strongly encouraged to work with the preferred vendor. Currently Medical Education Resources (MER) is providing CME accreditation as outline by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for ISASS Annual Global Symposium on Motion Preservation Technology.
ISASS will continue to strive to:
- Provide a complete separation between symposia content and financial support, both in fact and in appearance
- A transparent process for the development of symposia content and faculty selection
- A uniform approach for symposia design, planning, execution and outcomes assessment