The Goals of ISASS’s Continuing Education Program are:
- To provide a learning environment in which the physician and other health professionals may enhance their professional growth in cognitive, procedural, compassionate and humanistic areas of spinal care for the purpose of improving the quality of patient care;
- To develop innovative continuing education activities based on a learning management experience that has a multi-faceted approach to change behavior using state-of-the-art technologies to design, implement, assess and evaluate continuing education activities and programs as a whole;
- To integrate knowledge from all programs/publications and repurpose knowledge into programs on a learning continuum;
- To increase ISASS’s capabilities in measuring and understanding the needs of its physician and non-physician audiences through research into the educational needs of those segments of both ISASS membership and non-member audiences served by ISASS;
- To develop mechanisms to promote evidence-based practice and outcomes measurement to improve the delivery of care;
- To meet or exceed the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
The content of ISASS’s continuing education program is related to all aspects of basic and clinical science of motion preservation, stabilization, innovative technologies, MIS procedures, biologics involved with all aspects of basic and clinical science of motion preservation, stabilization, innovative technologies, MIS procedures, biologics and other fundamental topics to restore and improve motion and function of the spine. Topics of education include clinical issues, education of the results of research in the field, and the management of care delivered. Core clinical areas and function of the spine for: surgeons, scientists, inventors and others. ISASS is dedicated to advancing major evolutionary steps in spine surgery.
The target audience of ISASS’s continuing education program includes members involved with all aspects of basic and clinical science of motion preservation, stabilization, innovative technologies, MIS procedures, biologics and other fundamental areas to restore and improve motion and function of the spine, this group serves surgeons, scientists, inventors and others.
Types of Activities
The types of activities offered by ISASS’s continuing education program includes live conferences and workshops, presentations of selected scientific papers and platform sessions, and enduring materials including videotaped programming segments.
Expected Results of the Program
As a result of these educational activities, ISASS ensures the continuing professional development of its audience as described above. The offerings are intended to enhance training and performance for the purpose of improving health delivery and patient outcomes. ISASS is committed to assessing the achievement of educational objectives of the continuing education program through qualitative and quantitative methods.
Share and Communicate:
ISASS Email Newsletter: